Kerala Cabbage Doublings South Indian recipi
Cabbage Doublings South Indian,Kerala ,tamil nadu styles receipe
Cabbage Doublings Ingredients:-
(1) chopped cabbage pieces – ½ cup
(2) plucked petals of cabbage – 4 nos.
(3) germinated cow gram – ¼ cup
(4) chilly powder – ½ tea spoon
(5) turmeric powder – ¼ tea spoon
(6) chopped pieces of big onion – ¼ cup
(7) garam masala powder – ½ tea spoon
(8) salt – adjust to taste
(9) coriander leaves – 1 table spoon
(10) oil – 2 tea spoon
Method of preparation Cabbage Doublings
Pour oil in a vessel and heat. Roast the onion pieces in that. Then add
chilly powder, turmeric powder and garam masala and roast till the smell
ceases. Add chopped cabbage and germinated cow gram in to the vessel,
give a light sprinkling of water, close the vessel and then heat at a
low flame for 10 minutes. Then open the vessel, add salt and coriander
leaves, stir well and keep aside.
Take the cabbage petal, cut off the thick portion and take the soft portion.
Keep a little of the cooked mixture at the centre of the cabbage leaf
and fold the leaf like a bundle and put a knot at the top with a piece
of thread. Apply oil in a non stick vessel and keep the five bundles inside
the vessel . Now close the vessel and heat with a low flame for 3 minutes.
Then take out and serve.