Kerala Turkey Berry Pachadi Chundakka Pachadi
food dishes South Indian recipi
Turkey Berry Pachadi Chundakka Pachadi South Indian,Kerala ,tamil nadu
Turkey Berry Pachadi Chundakka Pachadi Ingredients:
(1) Turkey berry – 1 kg
(2) Tomato – 250 grams
(3) Chopped onion – 300 grams
(4) Mustard seeds – 1 tea spoon
(5) Black gram dhal – 1 tea spoon
(6) Cumin seed – ½ tea spoon
(7) Gingili oil – 2 table spoon
(8) Green chilly – 10 (chopped)
(9) Garlic – 5 pellets (chopped)
(10) Asafoetida powder – ¼ tea spoon
(11) Salt – adjust to taste
(12) Curry leaves – a little
(13) Tamarind – equal to size of an amla fruit
(14) Cooked gram dhal – 50 grams
Procedure for cooking Turkey Berry Pachadi Chundakka Pachadi
Wash the turkey berry, smash that and remove the seeds inside. Then keep
them dipped in curd so that its color will not change. Heat oil and add
mustard seeds to splutter Roast black gram dhal and cumin seed in that.
Then roast the onion pieces and curry leaves. Then add the turkey berry
without curd along with chopped pieces of garlic. Add water and boil.
Then add pieces of green chilly, turmeric powder, chopped pieces of tomato
and tamarind juice. Stir at intervals till the tomato pieces become soft.
Finally add salt, asafoetida powder and cooked gram dhal. Stop heating
and serve hot.
More Kerala mallu recipes | Malayalam