Bread idli recipes
Idli is a traditional recepie of tamil nadu. For some modifications some
varieties of idli are introduced. Bread idli is one type which is different
from our usual preparation. This is energetic too as it contains potatoes
and also rich to taste.
? Bread slices – 8
? Potatoes boiled and mashed – 5 to 6
? Chopped onions and green chillies
? Chat masala – 2 spoon
? Red chilli powder – 1 spoon
? Salt as required
? Rai ( black mustard seeds) – half spoon
? Curry leaves (kari patta) – 4 to 5
? Oil as needed
Method of cooking Bread idli recipe
1. Cut round shape bread slices on one side.
2. Mix salt to mashed potatoes and add red chilli powder, chat masala
and onions on another side
3. Take curd and mix some water to get semi thick liquid
4. Pour one spoon of oil and add rai, curry leaves to it. Add these in
to curd liquid. Add little salt.
5. To one bread slice add two spoon of potato mixture.
6. Heat the non stick tawa and pour little oil and keep the bread slice
so that tha mixture at bottom and bread to be at top.
7. Now add two spoon of curd liquid. Now it becomes wet.
8. Remove from the tawa and place the bread in a bowl for 2 minutes and
9. This is a simple procedure to prepare bread idli as a breakfast.
Serve hot bread idli with variety of ketchup
More Kerala South Indian Bread recipes