Bread Bajji recipe
The Ingredients required for Bread Bajji preparation are as follows:
1. Bread slices – 10 no’s
2. Besan (Gram flour) – 3cups
3. Rice flour – 1cup
4. Chilli powder – 2tsp
5. Vamu/omam(Ajwain) – 1/4tsp
6. Salt as required
7. Oil for frying
Method of cooking Bread Bajji :
1. First soak Omam in hot water.
2. Take a bowl for mixing besan & rice flour.
3. The flour is mixed with water to prepare a batter.
4. After adding required water, mix the batter with Chilli powder, Vamu,
a little bit of Coriander leaves & salt to taste.
5. Take utmost care while adding water to batter as it should not be too
thick or too thin.
6. Heat a pan with oil to fry the bread
7. Dip the bread in the besan batter & fry it in oil until both sides
are golden brown.
8. Take it out & place it on a plate, garnished with coriander leaves.
9. Serve the hot bread bajji with any chutney or sauce.
Bread Bajji Yummy, mouth is watering isn’t it? Please go thru the
importance of ingredients used in the recipe
*importance of ajwain or Omam: Ajwain is a very old and well known Ayurvedic
spice. Ajwain is called omam in the southern part of India. Ajwain seeds
consist of moisture, protein, fat, minerals, fiber, carbohydrates, calcium,
phosphorus, iron, carotene, thiamin, riboflavin and niacin.
More Kerala South Indian Bread recipes