Aloo tiki recipe how to cook
How to preare aloo tiki recipe
3 large boiled aloo (potatoes)
1 tsp salt or as per taste
1/4th tsp ground black pepper
2/3rd cup matar (green peas) cooked or frozen peas defrosted
1/2 tbsp scrapped and minced ginger
1/4th tsp garam masala
1/4th tsp salt or to taste
Red chili powder to taste (optional)
1tsp coarsely ground dry-roasted cumin seeds
Oil for pan-frying.
How to make aloo tiki :
• Take the cooked or defrosted peas (matar) and mash them using
a spoon or a fork. Add all the stuffing ingredients except oil and mash
briefly. Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
• Peel the potatoes and mash them very finely into smooth mashed
potatoes. Add salt and pepper and knead until properly mixed.
• Divide it into 10 equal portions.
• Now wash and dry your hands and rub them with little oil.
• Take each portion of potato mixture and make a ball. Now
• Taking one at a time, gently flatten each ball into a round patty
of about 1/2-inch thick and place a portion of stuffing in the center
and fold the edges together very finely so that mixture does not come
• Now very gently flatten it into a 2-inch patty. Repeat the procedure
for all pieces.
• Heat 1 tsp. oil in a non-stick pan over a low heat. Slip in the
patties, not too many at a time, and pan-fry on both sides till crisp
golden brown, adding oil if required, on a very low heat.
• Serve aloo tikki hot with chutney and stirred curd.
Note : Boil potatoes until fork-tender. Preferably, potatoes should be
boiled well in advance before use. It would be better if they can be refrigerated
for a short time.
More Aloo recipes Aalu receipes