Baingan aloo recsipes cooking method
Baingan aloo recipe is a tasty baingan aloo duo curry ,which is tasty
as well as healthy .
Obergeine also known as Eggplant, Brinjals, Baingan (cut into medium
2, Potato large or 2 small ones (peeled & cut into small pieces)
3. Finely chopped onion 1
4. Tomatoes 2 chopped
5. Garlic Paste 1 teaspoon
6. Ginger Paste 1 teaspoon
7. Green Chilli chopped
8. Red Chilli Powder 1 teaspoon ( control the amount to suite your taste)
9. Turmeric Powder (Haldi) 1/4 Teaspoon
10. Jeera Powder (Cumin Powder) 1 teaspoon
11. ½ tsp. Cumin Seeds (Zeera)
12. Salt (to taste)
13. Oil 2 tablespoons
14. Chopped Coriander 1/2 cup.
15, Ginger julienes ( cut into thin strips) for garnish
16. Garam Masala 1 Tablespoon.
Take a thick bottomed pan
2. Heat Oil in the pan and add the Jeera seeds ( Cumin Seeds) and stir
they become brown.
3. Add the garlic paste.
4. Add the Ginger paste.
5. Add in the chopped onions and fry onions until they are golden brown.
6. Add the chopped tomatoes and fry until the oil starts to separate and
the tomatoes are soft.
7. Throw in the turmeric powder.
8. Add the Garam Masala and stir for a minute.
8. Add the Jeera Powder and stir for 1/2 a minute.
9. Add the Coriander powder and stir for 1/2 a minute.
10. Add the potatoes and fry for about 5 minutes.
11. Add the Baingan pieces and fry further for 5 minutes.
12. The potatoes and the Baingan will still be hard so add 2 cups of water
13. Let the water get a boil and then lower the heat.
14. Stir the mixture and cover and let it cover on low heat.
15. After about 5-8 minutes of cooking check if everthing is cooked otherwise
cover the pan and let it cook further.
16. Once done, garnish it with chopped coriander and Ginger Julienes.
17. Also add the chopped green chilli on top.
More Aloo recipes Aalu receipes