How to cook Malaysian chicken curry recipes
Malaysian Chicken curry,Malaysia is a muslim populated country ,so Malaysian
chicken curry also could be dubbed as Muslim chicken curry recipe . Malaysian
chicken curry recipe is prepared in groundnut oil .
Malaysian chicken curry is having a long list of ingredients ,so this
is not an instant chicken curry from Malaysia .Check the ingredients before
deciding to cook this ,or try your variant for this Malaysian chicken
curry recipe & let us know about it .
Let us have a look at the main ingredients required for cooking Malaysian
chicken curry recipe .Chicken thighs,groundnut oil,onions,kaffir lime
leaves,cinnamon sticks,coconut milk,chicken stock,palm sugar,,soy sauce,fish
sauce,green beans etc .
• 1kg chicken thighs
• 2 tbsp groundnut oil
• 2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 4 kaffir lime leaves
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 3 star anise
• 400ml coconut milk
• 100ml chicken stock
• 1 tsp palm sugar (or soft brown sugar)
• 2 tbsp light soy sauce
• 2 tbsp fish sauce
• 400g green beans, trimmed and cut into 5cm lengths
• Handful of coriander leaves, roughly torn
• 5 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
• 4–5 long, red chillies, trimmed, deseeded and roughly chopped
• 3 lemon grass stalks, trimmed with the outer leaves removed and
• 5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
• 4 large shallots, peeled and chopped
• 1 tsp ground turmeric
• 2–3 tbsp groundnut oil
• 300g jasmine, Thai fragrant or other long-grain rice
• 200ml coconut milk
• 5 cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled
• Pinch of sea salt
Prepare to cook Malaysian chicken curry recipe
• Slice onions
• Trim green beans & cut into half inch long
• Clean chicken thighs & cut into pieces
• Chop coriander leaves
• Chop garlic cloves
• Chop red chillies
• Chop Shallots
• Do other preparatory activities as mentioned along with ingredients
Method: How to make Malaysian chicken curry
1. First make the curry paste. Put the garlic, chillies, lemon grass,
ginger, shallots and turmeric in a food processor and whiz to a paste.
With the motor running, trickle in a little groundnut oil and blend well,
scraping the sides of the processor several times. (Or you can pound the
ingredients together in batches using a pestle and mortar).
2. To make the curry, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces Heat the
groundnut oil in a large cast-iron casserole or heavy-based pan. Tip in
the curry paste and stir over a medium heat for a few minutes until fragrant.
Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes until they
are beginning to soften.
3. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and
stir to coat them in the spice paste. Add the lime leaves, cinnamon stick,
star anise, coconut milk, stock, sugar, soy and fish sauces and bring
to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook gently for 30–40
minutes until the chicken is tender.
4. For the rice, rinse the grains in cold water to get rid of any excess
starch Drain and tip into a heavy-based pan. Add the rest of the ingredients
with 200ml water, stir well and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat
to a simmer. Cover and gently simmer for 10 minutes. Leaving the lid on,
remove the pan from the heat and leave to stand for 5–10 minutes.
Fluff the rice with a fork and serve while still hot.
5. Skim off any excess oil on the surface of the curry. Taste and adjust
the seasoning. Tip in the beans, put the lid on and cook for another 3–4
minutes until the beans are tender. Scatter the coriander leaves over
the curry and serve with the coconut rice.
More Kerala South Indian chicken